Location: Thornhurst – 1 Connaught Road, Wolverhampton, WV1 4SJ
All sessions are delivered by SUIT volunteers of which are all in recovery from drugs/alcohol. To access SUIT group work sessions you must be registered with either SUIT or Recovery Near You.
New Groupwork Timetable
SMART Recovery UK
- All SMART Recovery meetings are run by trained facilitators and follow a standard structure.
- New participants are welcome to just observe if they are not yet comfortable discussing their own issues or contributing to the meeting.
- The focus of the meeting is on the addictive behaviour and not on the substance itself. We also concentrate on present and future (setting goals), we do not focus on the past (no life stories!)
- We use evidence-based tools and techniques (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Motivational Interviewing)
- All sessions are unstructured
- Safe environment to speak with other women in recovery
- The aim of the sessions is to build healthy peer support networks
- Some sessions may include arts and crafts exercises